Universal Equipment for an Optimized Electric Vehicle Recharge with very low electrical disturbance in the power grid (EUROPE project)
The specific objectives of the project are:
1. The design of an AC / DC converter regulated with power factor correction in order to reduce the injection of low frequency harmonics to the power grid.
2. The charging of backup batteries according to the demanded load by the management system of the above batteries (Battery Management System-BMS) by developing an specific control logic of the inverter AC / DC.
3. The design of a DC / DC converter for charging vehicle batteries according to the connection protocol CHAdeMO.
4. The design of a smart charger for high power AC charging according to IEC 61851-2.
5. The implementation of the charger with the components described charger for high power charging both AC and DC power source.
6. The experimental functionality validation and certification according to electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility (CE) standards.
7. The experimental validation of the enhanced system developed with reference to the harmonic injection on the power grid.
8. The experimental validation of the developed system in terms of lower power demand impact on the power grid.
9. The certification of the system according to the connection regulation to electric vehicle (CHAdeMO protocol and connection protocol IEC61851-2).
The implemented project has been selected as part of an operational program funded by the European Development Fund (ERDF) through the Institute of Medium and Small Industries of Valencia (IMPIVA).